Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Crispy Punjabi"makke di Roti"



Crispy Punjabi"makke di Roti" Recipe

Recipe Type: Lunch/Dinner | Recipe Cuisine: Indian (Punjabi)
Preparation Time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins | serves: 2







Makke di Roti is very popular in Punjab. When I came in Punjab then I decided to prepare Makke di roti and it came out to be a thick roti and under-cooked roti, that was not acceptable. I asked many people about the correct procedure but when I made it, it took much preparation time and not up to my expectation too...I like Makke di roti to be thin and crunchy as we get in restaurants in Punjab. So I decided to make it with little trick that I am going to share with you all. By making this roti in my style you will prepare it in very less time and with great perfection. For more steps see the recipe below.

 Dough Ingredients:
2 cup Makke ka aata
1/2 teaspoon Carom Seeds
½ cup wheat flour
Warm water  for kneading
½ teaspoon Salt






















Kitchen utensils required:
  • 1 non-stick tava (I prefer: Vinod Cookware Dosa Tava)
  • 1 Spatula (I prefer: PINDIA Wooden Curved Spoons)
  • 4 bowls (I prefer: Borosil Mixing Bowl)
  • 1 water jug










Step by step procedure:


Step-1 Take bowl and add makke ka aata, wheat flour, carom seeds, salt. Mix them well.

Step-2 Add warm water and knead the dough well.

Step-3 Take small portion of dough to make one roti and roll it well with your palm.

Step-4 To make crispy roti put the ball of dough onto a thick polythene (first apply oil on polythene sheet) and cover it with similar type of polythene(apply oil on sheet). Now either roll it with rolling pin or with your hand to the desire shape.

Step-5 Put roti on hot tava and cook both side. Apply ghee when done. Make more roti’s.
Serve roti with sarso ka saag.

Next recipe…sarso ka saag........enjoyyyyyyyyyyy

Tips:
  • By adding wheat flour it helps in binding makke ka ata and you get more perfect shape.
  • Use polythene sheet for making thin and crispy makke di roti.
                                             
                                         “Do you have any questions?”
                  Please leave a comment below with any questions. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment